Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Right Angle Falls, River Etive...

The link below is to a short video of me running my first over 20 foot waterfall in a kayak. I just bought a new (used) Dagger Nomad creek boat and what better way to test it out than by hucking a drop?? I'm not used to paddling a boat as long as this but it was really great! I went up to Glen Etive yesterday with 4 friends and we had an awesome day on the river despite it only being 5 degrees and blowing a gale. The Etive is a playground for kayakers with lots of bedrock waterfalls and slides. Stu and I decided to run the big one - he's run this drop many times before, but it was a first for me. The landing was surprisingly soft in all that aerated water and I (thankfully!) remembered to get my paddle off to the side and tuck up to avoid breaking my nose with my blades. I can't wait to get up there and run this again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OieFiyfG7mg

Stu is in the yellow boat and cleans the drop without even a roll! I run second in the orange boat and go pretty deep before getting popped back out like a champagne cork : )

1 Comments:

Blogger Hanuma is BN of me said...

HNY by www.igmrinternational.blogspot.com and I was get inspired your some blog profile interests like remote and rural medicine

8:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home