Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Boats!!!

We upgraded Dave's old Dagger Freefall "battleship" a few months back to a nearly new Pyranha ammo that I found a great deal on. I'd taken it for a couple of trips down the Esk and Tay to try it out in the winter, but this was his first time out in it. The outfitting's pretty sweet, but i'm a bit light for it (it was bought thinking of Dave's specs) I'm not used to paddling something so stable and found it a bit wierd not having any edges to worry about and being so high out of the water. The idea is this will be Dave's boat but I may borrow it from time to time for some creeking that would just be too dodgy in my river-play boat. I've just bought a new boat too - I've been after a Jackson for some time but they're pretty expensive here being American boats and the current financial climate has put them up £100 over last years prices. I found an older model on ebay which has had almost no use and snapped it up for a bargain price. I had to use some holidays and drive to Manchester to pick it up, but it was well worth it! My initial plan was to hang on to my old boat for playboating, but the Jackson is just so sweet I can't see the point and will be puting it up for sale soon. Here are some photos and a short video of us trying our new boats on a flat section of the Tay - just up from the wier.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I want a jackson too. But thats on the very long list of stuff I want so I'll stick to the good 'ole Bliss Stick for now:). Paddle on sunday? Gregor

1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home